By Paris Wolfe, Blogmaster, The Herb Society of America
The Herb Society of America keeps members informed with 14 to 16 newsletters each year. HSA members have the option of instant newsletter delivery via email, which they can read online or print. For those who prefer printed newsletters, a subscription is available for an annual price.
“Timely communication is essential for a group with members spread around the United States,” says Executive Director Katrinka Morgan “The newsletters address information that’s important to members. This includes organizational information, a calendar of events, what’s new and herb news from the natural world.”
“These publications support our mission to promote knowledge, use and delight of herbs through educational programs, research and sharing experience of its members with the community,” says Katrinka. Anyone with an interest in herbs can join HSA to receive this educational benefit.
- The National Newsletter, published four times per year, includes a message from the HSA President, a calendar of events by district, special articles about herbs or herb-related topics and what’s new with HSA.
- District Newsletter – three times per year – contains news from the District Membership delegate, local district as well as national news, and unit updates from around the district.
- Herbal Bytes e-mail newsletter is sent to members four times per year. Herbal Bytes is a short, quick newsletter sharing the latest information on herbs and HAS. An HSA business member spotlight and the Executive Director message are always included.
- The Leaf, a library newsletter — three times annually – tells what’s new in the library.
- GreenBridges Newsletter – twice yearly — is newly created to support GreenBridges members by sharing information and working toward a more sustainable gardening style.
All newsletters can be accessed in the Members-Only section of HSA’s website.