The Herb Society of America
is Seeking Design Art!
Organizers for the Virtual Educational Conference and Annual Meeting of Members (EdCon) to be held June 10th – 12th, 2021, invite artists and designers of all ages and abilities to submit artwork for consideration for the 2021 EdCon logo. The theme is, of course, HERBS!
To enter the contest, participants must:
- Choose a theme, and create a design. The theme should reflect a combination of herbs and pollinators. Herbs may include native plants, trees, and bushes. Pollinators may include native bees, honey bees, butterflies, moths, birds, bats, flies, beetles, etc.
- Art is often best rendered with strong lines and minimal color to facilitate replication on posters, printed materials, and tote bags. You are welcome to design on your computer or directly on paper.
- The design must adapt well to electronic (ideally .jpg or .png format) and print media along with the ability to be reproduced on small and large surfaces.
- Artists should include their contact information and a brief biography for inclusion in publicity. The selected artist’s name and/or work will be featured on the HSA Annual Report, EdCon webpage, downloadable handouts, tote bags, and acknowledged in HSA’s EdCon publicity.
- Multiple entries from individual artists are permitted. Artwork should be emailed to Jen Munson firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to: The Herb Society of America, Attn: Jen Munson, 9019 Kirtland Chardon Rd Kirtland, OH 44094. Artwork must be received by January 31st, 2021. Individuals requesting return of their submission should also include a self-addressed, stamped mailing receptacle.
One winner will be selected and will receive: two tote bags with logo, one complimentary registration to our virtual educational conference, and artistic credit for your winning design. If you are unable to attend our virtual conference, you’ll be awarded a $100 prepaid visa card.
Selection of Winner:
All entries will be judged by The Herb Society of America’s members.
In the event that no entry is selected, the conference committee reserves the right to declare no winner. The Herb Society of America will have all rights to the winning design. By submitting your entry, you agree that if your design wins it will be used by the virtual educational conference committee to design a tote bag and as it deems necessary and in such other ways that are relevant to the promotion of our virtual educational conference.
For further information or questions please contact Jen Munson at email@example.com.